Saturday, June 20, 2020
This race may be the first in the area since the Shelter in Place orders from the government. It is important that we all act responsibly and do this right. The race will be slightly modified from a gun start to a continuous flowing event. Starting times will be assigned based upon the order registrations are received. See the changes below.
- The race start times will be continuous between 8:00 am and 9:30 am.
- Each person online registering can reserve a start time.
- Families and persons of the same households can start together.
- The minimum start times will be 30 seconds apart.
- Our website will post updated starting schedules.
- Race Day packet pickup
- Packet pickup and registration will open at 7:00 am
- Race bags will be labeled with each persons name and placed outside in alphabetical order for easy pickup.
- Race Day registrations will be done at the pavilion and a sneeze guard will be used to protect our volunteers.
- The start finish line will be set up on the road in front of the Brewery just like last year.
- Runners names will be called for them to enter the starting chute based upon assigned start times
- A running clock will be at the starting line to start each person at the proper time
- There will be a call for Next Up, and On Deck to keep the event moving.
- They will be the only people allowed in the starting chute.
- Each person will receive a unique start time
- Dogs 30 lbs or less
- Dogs over 31 lbs
- No Dogs - Mental Health Only
- Immediate race results will be posted on the IPAD podiums
- Final results and awards will be determined when all have finished the race.
- There will be no formal award ceremony. Awards will be placed on an award table with the winners name. 1st, 2nd & 3rd for each division.
- All dogs entered receive a "Paws on the Run" collar charm
- All runners would get a "Blue Raven - Paws on the Run" mask.
- Only online registrations received before June 8 will be guaranteed a t-shirt.
- Bottles of water will be at the end of the finish chute for finishers to grab.
- Pre-packaged snacks will be available
- A cooler of Corona will be available at the pavilion shelter for those that are unashamed to drink before noon.
- A water station tent will be on the course for both human's and dogs. (Dog Park Volunteers)
- The Minocqua Dog Park will be the beneficiary of this year's event.
Paws on the Run Event Description
Start your day with a walk/run with or without your dog(s) before the Minocqua Paws in the Park event starts on Saturday, June 20. The 3rd annual race begins and ends on Lakeshore Drive in front of the Minocqua Brewery. Event check in and Race Day Registration begins at 7:00 am in Torpy Park downtown Minocqua WI. The race starts promptly at 8:00 am. If you don't have a dog, no worries, you can still participate in the event and join in the fun. We have added an awards category for those who could not bring a dog. This 5K event is open to anyone that enjoys being around mans best friend.
Bring a leash or a running harness attached to your belt. All dogs must be kept under control and be up to date on all vaccinations. Owners are responsible for their dog's behavior. This is a great excuse to get a little exercise and enjoy quality time with your dog.
Refreshments will be provided for both the owners and the dogs.
Event Check In
Check in on on Race Day will be held at Torpy Park from 7:00 until 7:45. The race starts promptly at 8:00. Early online registration is only $25 per human but on Race Day registration costs go up to $30 per human if accompanied by 1 or 2 dogs.
There will be 2 Doggy Divisions: 30 lbs & Under and 31 lbs & Over. We have also added a "No Dog" division. This year, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd medals will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each division.
Contact the Race Director: email@example.com
Manual Registration form. Paws on the Run Mail In Registration
CLICK THE PAW TO REGISTER ONLINE.